Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ruhe

Silence. Stillness. Abiding. Peace. To Be. Breathe. Enough.

Die Ruhe. Das Ruhen. Ruhig bleiben. Stille. Pause. Sein. Atmen. Genug.

I just today realized that peace is a matter of obtaining and not of happening upon, or falling into or any form of suddenly birthday-present-Eurika, taking for granted, being angry that I didn't happen to be naturally endowed with my full share of it. When this has ... occurred ...
1) I will probably be while after it's come before I'm aware of its presence in me
2) It will cost me personally an arm and a leg, and already is, but will be worth every blood-drop, because one will not mistake it, and others will take great courage in its weather-worn light-beacon.

Whether it's okay to sort of study it, Scripturally, etymologically, every-day-ically? I mean, to study it means to do theory about it, and assume that that will work its way to my heart and soul. Well, I'm not asking, so please don't answer. I guess I know it is, in the Spirit-way I intend to go about it.

Besides, in the end, maybe "peace" or whatever I'm talking about is the analogous to knowledge of God, and that is inestimably worthy (see post below, under "haunting questions", about "driving life question).

Blah, blah, blah....nothing to be discussed that can't be talked about...nor any bed to be slept in that can't not be slept in all night long when my mind has other merry-go-rounds to attend to, all you need is love

1 comment:

Skizzle said...

I think Superman IV was pretty much based on this post.

Someone once wrote me: "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

God tells us that if we earnestly seek Him, we will find Him, so I am confident that you will know the fullness of His Peace. I hope that comforts you in your own quest for peace.